01/23/2017 It is a big decision to look for caregiver and let them be the one
to offer help to elders or disable members in the family. It will at some point
break your heart, but sometimes you have no choice because you also need to
work and earn money to survive the daily life. It can be a sad decision, but at
least you can stay at peace knowing that somebody is looking after the needs of
your loved ones.
Here are some of the things you need to consider if you are planning to hire a caregiver:
1. Assess the Help You Need – When you are planning to hire a caregiver, the first thing that you need to consider is the service that you need. Evaluate what kind of help you need in aspects of personal care, health care, elder care, and household care. You must assess the care that you need and ask yourself if you are seeking help for medication management, personal care for bathing and meal preparation, or household chores.
2. Write a Job Description – Make a job description of the caregiver that you need based on your evaluation. Be specific in the tasks to be performed by the potential caregiver. Write specific job if needed, so it will be clear to both of you. There are caregiver that focuses only on non-medical care and more on personal care. Writing a job description will help you look for the most suitable to your need.
3. Create a Job Contract – After having the job description, you can now develop a contract for your future caregiver. The job contract will depend on the job description that you provide. This contract must present the amount of salary, hours of work, the job description, special instruction, and termination.
4. Search for a Caregiver Agency – There are numerous agencies that you can choose from. You just have to make sure to pick the best deal with the licensed caregiver agency in Singapore. Always do a background check and do an online study about the agency.
5. List Questions for Potential Applicants – The agency will do the screening of the potential applicants. But, you can ask them if they will allow you to personally do the interview so you can choose the one that is a good fit for you. After all, you will be the one to communicate with the future caregiver, so it is better to do the interview. Make sure to list important and related care giving questions that you have in mind.
6. Check for the Potential Caregiver’s Background – If you already choose the perfect caregiver for you, then you can now do a background check for safety purposes. You can check her criminal records.
7. Hire a Licensed Caregiver – You are going to pay for the service of the caregiver that you will hire. Do not waste your money and choose a licensed and experienced caregiver because they are knowledgeable about giving care services.
8. Monitor the Performance – You can personally monitor the performance of your chosen caregiver by setting up a schedule. Monitoring the quality of service provided is really important.
There are advantages of hiring a caregiver in attending the needs of some of your family members. Hiring a caregiver can give you comfort and peace of mind knowing that someone is taking care of them.
Homekeeper is the most admired service brand in the maid agency services industry originated from a management team with more than 19 years of expertise in providing excellent domestic maids.Homekeeper maid agency in Singapore, The Leading one-stop maid agency provides customers with a comprehensive…